i found wee-fee at a whopping $.75/hr. ouch! an internet cafe, la fuente, offers a mediocre espresso and fried plantains with creme. tasted pretty good after a lunch of rice, tomato slices and trail mix. (the pescatarian ideology was reiterated so hopefully i will start seeing frijoles and queso soon.)
i'm including a picture of the view from my bed at our house. it turns out to be more of a hostel than a family's home. there are two other women in my room and we are going to rotate with someone who has a single. apparently i slept like a baby last night because i completely missed the fireworks someone set off in front of our house at 6:00am.
tomorrow we go to guatemala city (g.c.) for a tour of the landfill. my hour of wee-fee is up. see you next time.
You made it! I'm glad you got there safely and you're getting settled in. I've gotten your comments on your blog -- but I didn't see the picture you were going to include with your post above. Did you just run out of time?
ReplyDeleteCould you email me with your address? And is there at least some kind of emergency phone number that I could have?
Love you!
You've piqued my logophile's curiosity. What in the heck does "pescatarian" mean? I couldn't find it in my dictionaries. Any help here Menagerie Manager?
ReplyDelete